Please Visit our "COVID-19 Update" page for the latest information.
NEW day added to CanSkate Spring Academy - Thursday - 5-5:45 PM (Small Ice)
CanSkate - Parent and Tot SPRING
For skaters who require hands-on assistance getting up and maneuvering on the ice.
Parents join their skater on the ice in this instructional skating program. Designed for children age 2+ with no skating experience to introduce skaters to the ice. Each skater is required to have one adult accompany them during the class. The accompanying adult must support and provide assistance for their child.
- "Parent" may include members of the skater’s household or member of their social circle.
- Parent is not there to teach the skater – they are there to help the skater move around the ice when needed. All teaching instruction still comes from the coach, and the guidance from Program Assistants.
- Physical Distancing of 2 meters between coaches, program assistants and the skater/parent must be maintained.
- Physical Distancing of 2 meters between each skater/parent must be maintained at all times (no co-mingling between skater/parent registrants).
- Siblings will not be allowed on the ice with the skater and parent. Siblings are not able to stay in the arena during the lessons as spectators are not permitted.
- The accompanying adult MUST wear skates and be wearing a CSA-approved hockey helmet (Goalie helmets not acceptable). Helmets are MANDATORY for all adults.
- Participants who are unable to arrive with skates on, and who do not tie their own skates, may only have a family member / core cohort member tie their skates. Program Assistants and Coaches will be unable to aid in putting on / taking off skates.