2018-2019 Program Schedule
Monday, Sept 3 – Friday, Dec 21, 2018
Sunday, Jan 6 – Friday, April 26, 2019
There is NO break for Teachers' Convention, Spring Break or Easter
Please note the following Monday morning time changes:
Labour Day, Sept 3 (7:00-9:00 am)
Thanksgiving Day, Oct 8 (7:00-9:00 am)
Family Day, Feb 18 (7:00-9:00 am)
Please note the following Friday morning time change:
Good Friday, April 19 (7:00-9:00 am)
Qualifications for Freeskate Ice Sessions
The qualifications for all freeskate ice sessions are based primarily on the skating test qualifications as well as the availability of the coaches’ times to provide lessons.
Junior: STAR 1-4
Intermediate: has passed STAR 4 Freeskate (program and elements)
Senior: has passed STAR 5 Freeskate (program and elements) or Pre-Juvenile and higher
Skills, Tests, Achievement, Recognition – this is what STARSkate is all about!
STARSkate offers opportunities for skaters of all ages to develop fundamental figure skating skills in the areas of ice dance, skating skills, free skate and interpretive skating. Unique in Canada, this program teaches figure skating skills in a private lesson format in a progressive and sequential manner and includes specifically designed awards and incentives. Skaters have the opportunity to take Skate Canada Tests through a nationally standardized testing system. Skaters who have mastered figure skating skills in STARSkate may also choose to pursue synchronized skating or pairs skating.
Non-Prime Ice (Morning)
It is mandatory for each skater (with the exclusion of those that have passed their Gold Dances, Gold Skills or Gold Freeskate) to purchase 2 hours of non-prime ice. If prior to November 1, 2018, there are ice session capacity issues, LBFSC may require skaters who have not purchased 2 hours of non-prime ice to change ice sessions and, where applicable, a refund will be issued in accordance with the refund policy. Following November 1, 2018, skaters who have not purchased 2 hours of non-prime ice will not be required to change sessions due to capacity issues as there are no refunds available.
- Membership Fees:
- Lake Bonavista Community Association (LBCA) membership fee/per family - $30 (non-refundable). If you have already paid through another program at the Rec. Centre you will receive a credit on your account with the LBFSC once we have confirmed with LBCA.
- Lake Bonavista Figure Skating Club (LBFSC) membership fee/per family - $50 (non-refundable)
- Skate Canada Membership fee/per registrant - $36 (non-refundable and non-transferable)
- Ice Fees:
Non-Prime Time - Morning ice excluding Sunday (less expensive)
Prime Time - Afternoon ice and Sunday (more expensive)
- Coaching Fees:
- Before you register, you must have a Professional Coach.
- Private (Private lessons are when a skater books a 10-15 minute lesson, one-on-one with a Professional Coach).
Professional Coach will invoice each family for private lessons.
ALL FEES ARE QUOTED IN CANADIAN DOLLARS